- what is 4GL Programming Language?
- i think that 4GL (Fourth Generation Language) is programming language that allows for faster software development than 3GL (Thrid Generation Language).
- can 'Ola AH' be 4GL class of Programming Languages?
- i think yes, due to Stitie Space, a part of 'Ola AH' semantics. it's a data structure in which an objects graph filled with code - a program - can be modelled & run.
- are there additional costs of using 4GL?
- i am not sure if programs written in 4GL (or at least programs written in 'Ola AH') are slower ('Ola AH' is not created yet, but i have ideas & imagination). i think it will take user a while to get used to new tools. perhaps more.
- how such faster development can be realized?
- with better syntax, graphical/textual - with modelling objects graph & filling parts with code, that together will create a running program model, with proper GUI (Graphical User Interface).
- why it's faster?
- less code writing, less mouse clicks, better program overview, perhaps more.
- should graphical/textual syntax unambiguously translate to 'text-only syntax'?
- definitely yes, i think. to elegant text even.
what else is there to consider?
- perhaps in future, when computing resources allow for that, systems can be modelled on a pixel-by-pixel basis, then parts or even whole filled with code.
- perhaps class diagrams & other software design models will be possible to create in 'Ola AH' Programming Language's toolset - these should be easy to map on the software during the design & development software construction stages, along with their names & version number. this should unify tools for analysis, design & programming into one internally-coherent solution.
- perhaps unit & integration tests, as well as profiling & debugging will benefit from visual-objects-graph design & overview. should be named & versioned as well. another step into internally-coherent, practical & unified solution for all of the iterative-software-construction stages.
See also, if You wish or need, ... : Esoteric Programming Languages, Funges & Ola AH Programming Language, Token Game.