i am not sure what exactly 'Token Game' is in the context of the Petri Nets, but in a context of 'Ola AH' Programming Language & Modelling it is a software construction method that involves:
- designing software models,
- filling software models with code & the initial data,
- designing the data flow (tokens can contain 'payload' data, can be in different places at different times),
- checking & managing properties of the model graph with tokens, such as deadlocks possibility, bottleneck relief management; detection, management & handling of graphs' cycles, etc,
- model/tokens application management at the runtime,
- conditionality & events,
- probably more.
Space that contains code & data (state) - including above-mentioned 'tokens' - might be distributed, using either or both GRIDs & clusters, using message queues as well.
Probably Tuple Space(s) also called: 'Linda' might be used to represent conditions, a presence of a condition tuple or a lack of condition tuple might inform us about a condition holding or not. Events occuring might model cause(s) happening. A cause-event occurance might make condition(s) to appear or disappear from a Tuple Space(s), or just trigger a code to start happening.
Let's think that for a certain code parts to start, there's need:
- Cause(s) occurance(s), in a proper moment(s) in time,
- Condition(s) holding in a proper moment(s) in time.
'Token Game' is an 'Ola AH' Programming Language's 4GL method.
for some non-strict ideas inspired by Abstracted Petri Nets, see: Decision Filters.
'Token Game' has uses in abstracted neural network modelling, where payload data can be passed between abstracted neuron layers in an object-oriented form. Abstracted Neuron here are objects that consider payload, not only input signals, weight & bias. These can fire and produce payload to next layers, hidden or output.
Abstracted Neuron Objects can learn as well - either from a batch file, or by clicking on a Mindful Imaging Visualization. Payload Routes, as well as Payload Content can be provided during program's runtime as well.
Abstracted Neuron Objects' code & state can be inserted into the Stitie Space's 'machine' during the runtime, to be interpreted there - either via network or from the Editor. A live system can be modelled as with Smalltalk programming language.
see also, if You wish or need, ... : 'Talking Objects' Solutions, Object Relationships Modelling & Analysis, Neural Networks, Stitie Space & Stitie Machine 'Sunsail', Stitie Machine 1.2 'Satellite', Causes & Conditions, Agile Transformation of Information State.
(probably unfinished a post, probably will be edited in the future).